Pizza is one of the tasty dishes that is liked by almost everyone but many health conscious people do not have pizza in their day to day life as it has a refined wheat flour/maida base. In this recipe, we made pizza base with semolina/ suji/cream of wheat to make it healthy for all. With the help of this recipe, you can quickly make pizza anytime in your home on skillet /tawa.
- Suji/cream of wheat/ semolina- half cup
- Whole wheat flour- half cup
- Baking powder-half teaspoon
- Citric acid- a pinch or lemon juice- one teaspoon
- salt- half teaspoon
Add all the ingredients of pizza base in a big bowl and add half cup of water. Whisk it well and make sure there are no lumps to get thick base batter. Check for consistency and add more water if required. Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: You can also add eno fruit salt instead of baking powder and citric acid.
For pizza sauce
- Tomato sauce or ketchup- half cup
- chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
- garlic powder- 2 pinches
- herb mix or Italian parsley- a little bit (optional)
Mix all the ingredients properly in one bowl
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Bell pepper- all colours
- paneer/ cottage cheese
Chop all the vegetables. You can add or remove toppings according to your choice
- Heat the cast iron pan and add a teaspoon of oil or ghee on it. Now pour the batter to make slightly thick base. Spread the batter uniformly on pan.
- Cover it and cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Flip the base.
- Spread pizza sauce on all over the base. Add grated mozzarella cheese on it.
- Add all the toppings. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- After adding toppings again spread grated cheese all over on the top of the pizza.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the cheese melt.
- Take it out of the pan. Cut it into 8 equal parts. Sprinkle chilli flakes. Serve hot.