For dip/ chutney
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 beetroots (almost half cup)
- 1 teaspoon splitted black lentils (urad dal)
- 2 teaspoon splitted chick peas (chana dal)
- half teaspoon cumin/jeera
- ginger (about 1 inch)
- 2 dried whole red chilly
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 roasted white peanuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and stir roast black gram, chick peas, cumin and red whole dried chilly till aromatic.
- Add beetroot, ginger and salt. Let it saute for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add half cup of water and cover the pan. Let it cook till the beetroot softens.
- Let it cool completely and blend it with half cup of water, lemon and roasted white peanuts.
- Beetroot dip is ready. Add tempering in this before serving.
- half teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- half teaspoon black gram (splitted)
- 2 whole dried red chilly
- 1 teaspoon dried curry leaves
- Heat half teaspoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seed in it. Let it spluttered.
- Now add black gram, dried chilly and dried curry leaves. Saute till aromatic.
Beetroot and peanut dip is best served with: suji Idli/ semolina balls, aata dosa/whole wheat flour pancakes, Paratha/Indian bread, besan cheela/ gram flour pancakes, suji cheela/ Semolina or cream of wheat pancakes,