- Chopped beet greens-2 cups
- Chopped beetroot- 1
- Brown mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 small
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: according to taste
- turmeric: 1/4th teaspoon
- Take 1 teaspoon of mustard oil in a hot cast iron pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add asafoetida, turmeric, coriander powder and green chili. Sauté well.
- Add beet root and beet greens with salt. Mix it well.
- Cover and cook on low flame till beetroot softens.
- At last, Cook on high flame for some seconds to dry out the excess water
- Enjoy as a side dish with Indian bread/ roti.