- Rich in fiber: Chia seeds are considered as one of the best sources of fiber in the world. They are very helpful in treating constipation. One should take one tablespoon in a glass of water before bed time and empty stomach in the morning. Chia seeds should be steeped in water for around 2 to 3 minutes to let it soak some water and expand.
- Antioxidants rich: Chia seeds are packed with lots of nutrients and antioxidants. Antioxidants help in fighting against cancer by limiting free radicals production in our body. It also helps to protect healthy and sensitive fats present in chia seeds against rancidity.
- Bone health: Chia seeds are loaded with several vitamins and minerals. They are rich source of calcium, magnesium and phosphorous which are vital for bone health. Chia seeds also contain good quality proteins for bone maintenance and repair.
- Heart health: Chia seeds are good for your heart. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which helps heart to stay healthy.
- Nutrient rich: Chia seeds are nutrient rich with low calories. They contain magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, fiber, phosphorous, protein, zinc, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3 and omega 3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are good option for fitness enthusiasts, sedentary workers and people with obesity.
Note: Chia seeds can be added in desserts, pudding and smoothies. It can also be used as an alternative for eggs in baking cakes.