A healthy diet is always incomplete without fruit. Fruits are rich source of vitamins and minerals which improves immunity and keeps the body healthy and strong. They also reduce the risk of many lifestyle diseases. Fruits indeed contain sugar but they are also naturally high in water and fiber to balance it.
Top 5 benefits of having fruits everyday
- Lower the risk of certain diseases: Fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium, calories and contains zero cholesterol. People who include fruits in their daily diet are at lower risk of developing heart disease and stroke. They also contain beneficial chemicals known as antioxidants which protects the body from damage caused by free radicals which further leads to the protection against certain types of cancers. Fruits are rich in dietary fiber which helps to control cholesterol, sugar level and obesity. Dietary fiber is also beneficial for those who struggle with constipation.
- Helps in weight loss: Fruits contain high amount of water and fiber which gives you the feeling of fullness and are low in calories and fats which gradually contributes to the weight loss. Fruits such as apple, papaya, oranges, grapefruit etc are healthy option for snacks for those who are overweight and obese.
- Boost immunity: Fruits contain many vitamins that are needed to improve your immunity. Citrus fruits contain high amount of vitamin C which is a well known immunity booster. People who include fruits in their daily diet tend to have less room for getting sick.
- Rich in nutrients: Fruits are high in many nutrients that are vital for life. The best thing with having fruit is that you can consume it raw which reduces the nutrient losses which usually occur during cooking or processing of food.
- Radiant skin: Fruits are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which are known to have positive impact on skin. Having fruits everyday can help in getting clear and radiant skin.
- Don’t think that fruit juice is equivalent to a raw fruit Having raw fruit over fruit juice is always a healthy choice. Fruit juice will give you more calories as compared to a raw fruit as we discard the fibrous portion of the fruit and usually add sugar to it. Moreover, pulp and skin of fruits are high in fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals. Fruit fiber helps with the regular bowel movements as well as binds fruit sugar to it. This will result in harder and delayed absorption of sugar in the body. In contrast, fruit juice quickly increases your blood sugar level. Though having fruit juice is not as good as having a whole fruit but still, it is a better choice over carbonated beverages and drinks that are high in sugar.
- If you are diabetic, you should consume fruits in limited quantities. Its better to have fruits which have low glycemic index, such as apple, papaya, jamun fruit etc.